Friday, October 2, 2009
Our Mrs. Reynolds
When we watched this episode in class, I really liked it. There were both funny and shocking parts through out the whole thing. I was surprised when Saffron poisoned Mal, even though something did seem a little off with her. I have to say that she was really good at tricking everyone and being able to steel the space shuttle and get away before they could catch her. She acted innocent and curious to try to take advantage of everyone. I was surprised that Mal feel for it and kissed it, even though he knew he didnt know her at all, and that they shouldn't be married. When she tried to take advantage of Inara, I wasn't surprised the Inara feel for it and told her to go to her chambers. The scene that I liekd the most was when Inara finds Mal on the floor and kisses him right away then she herself passes out. I liked this scene because since the first episode I had a feeling that she liked or was even in love with him. It was proven when she kissed him, but then didnt tell anyone else that she kissed him. Is she trying to keep her love from him because of her profession? I feel like she thinks that he has no interest in her because he always says mean things to her about her work as a companion. Even though he does this I still think that he does care for deeply and has feeling for her as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I always sensed the Inara had a thing for Mal and vice versa. They both try to play it off like they do not like the other. For example, when Mal tells Shepherd that she is a prostitute, he does it in a degrading way. He did this to cover up the fact that he likes her. I remember those days in grade school where you showed affection towards a girl by making fun of her. I did not expect a captain of a ship to be acting like what a normal grade schooler would do. They both should own up to liking each other and just go for it!
ReplyDelete