Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grimm Realities

After reading this article I found some points interesting and others just repetative. I thought it wass interesting that Buffy and all of the Disney fairy tales come from Eastern European stories form the 19th century. "Many readers will attest a certain familiarity with a number of widely known fairy tales of European origin." Buffy definitely shows the darker sides of the story, while Disney made them happy and more well known. I've never been a Buffy fan, or watched the show that much so while reading parts of the article I did get a little confused. In reading the article I did learn more about how people write about shows and make conections. I liked being able to see how the show related to everyday things. I realized that when people watch shows they usually dont think about it, or use their brains. In every show their is so much that we dont see or understand. So many connections to the real world that not every one thinks about. This article goes in depth of the show and gives connections that really got me thinking. Even though I didn't follow some parts, I think the article did still help.

1 comment:

  1. I really agree with you. It’s really interesting to look at a television show through analytical eyes. Because I never do. But when the writers and producers of the shows make them, that is how they develop the show—that is how it’s intended. I also liked the fairy tale connection. It makes it feel more relatable to me. The world of science fiction is completely separate from my world. But the fairy tale world is something I grew up in. So the combination of the two is really neat to me, because it makes the science fiction world closer to me.

    ReplyDelete