Thursday, October 15, 2009

Buffy

The episode that we just watched in class I found very interesting. I think it was very good forshadowing by showing Buffy's dream. Even though at the beginning no one had any idea what her dream ment, it helped to get their voices back in the end. If Buffy had never had that dream, they probibly would never have even found out who the Gentlemen were. It was from the song that the little girl was singing in her dream that told them who the Gentlemen were. From her dream Buffy also knew to destroy the box. The little girl in her dream was holding the box, which we later found out contained the whole towns voices. I think it is ironic that Riley asks Buffy about her dream right after class before anything weird is even going on. Then later Riley is the one who helps to kill the gentlemen with Buffy. Buffy lies and says she doesn't remember her dream even though she does because she doesn't know Riley can help.
I also really liked the scene when both Buffy and Riley were in the clock tower fighting off the Servents and then they realized they were both there. Neither of them could talk and you could tell that they were both shocked that the other one was there. Even though they didnt know what the other one was doing there or why they were there fighting, they both continued to fight and help each other.
This episode definitely changed alot because both Riley and Buffy are going to have to tell the truth about what they do now.

2 comments:

  1. Buffy's dream helps out the audience watching the episode because it gives a hint about what is it going to be about. I agree with you that Riley and Buffy will have to come out about the truth because they really have no choice. After a moment, how further will they take their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoied the foreshadowing as well! I haven't watched very many other Buffy epidodes, but do you know if Buffy always/usually gets premonitions about upcoming danger?

    ReplyDelete