Thursday, November 5, 2009

Commonplace idea..

A kiss is something that everyone has experienced since they were born. Kisses can come from any one at any time and change that moment (or it may not change at all). A kiss is something that can mean so much, but at the same time it can mean absolutely nothing. Some people say that a kiss has changed their life, but who's to say. In the television series Firefly Inara kisses Mal when he is passed out on the floor. Her kiss would have changed everything had she not lied about it to cover it up. The affect that a kiss can have on a relationship, or even a friendship can be more than anyone would expect from such a small act.

I'm not positive if this is even what I want to write my Commonplace paper on yet. I'm not sure of anything else I could pull out of my ARP that I would even want to write about for commonplace. So if I do stick with this idea, it'll basically be about the power of a kiss and the affect one can have.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your topic. I think that the meaning of a kiss could be a very timely and relatable topic to the commonplace audience, so I think you should stick with what you've got! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea too. I haven't read many articles about a kiss meaning that much so I think that you will be able to immediately grab the audience's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool, because a kiss changes in so many different arenas. There are shows where it means everything, movies when it can change the whole plot, but is it really that dramatic in real life? Or is it just passion that we all can relate too, and that’s why it’s so important in our society? I like this topic, I think it’s really interesting to think about.

    ReplyDelete