So when I found out that our English class this quarter was going to be about Sci-Fi, I had mixed emotions. Like most of you and most teenagers I did not think that I had much, if not any knowledge about Sci-Fi. I always thought of Sci-Fi as Star Trek and Star Wars. I thought all Sci-Fi's were about space ships and the outer space. Little did I know that one of my favorite shows was actually Sci-Fi. Growing up I never thought of vampires as Sci-Fi, but they are definitely Science Fiction. True Blood which is an HBO original series is all about vampires and humans living side by side int he same small town. Even though many things that happen during the show are very unrealistic, the show still grabs you and pulls you in. I still feel like I can relate and understand their situations, even though obviously I've never been around a vampire.
I've never believed in vampires or anything like that and I still don't, but the show still caught my eye and I've been watching it ever since. Even if you've never liked vampires or watched anything about them, I'm telling you, True Blood is like nothing else. It's a new world, like nothing else, with vampires and humans living together, for the most part peacefully. The show is so realistic that if vampires did exist and live along side with us, it would be the same as the show portrays. The vampires in the show do not need to drink human blood anymore because they cam out with a product called True Blood. True Blood is a drink that gives the vampires everything that they need from human blood to survive.
I really recommend the show True Blood to everyone, even if you think you hate Sci-Fi, it is like nothing else on TV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment